Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Oh what a glorious day! I cannot thank the gods enough for the blessings they have bestowed upon me. The position of Lady-in-Waiting is mine. Despite my apprehensions about the interview, it seems I was what they were looking for. I can hardly believe my good fortune!! A smile has not left my face since I found out.

Of course this means I need to start making plans (and for once I'm looking forward to the notion!), but I have until September before my rendez vous with the Northern counties for a second period in my life. It shall always have a special place in my heart and I long to return to the city that carved me out of stone ~ despite my many mistakes.

The Duke of Albany is immensely proud of my achievement, but I have not ventured on to the subject of whether he will follow me North. He is still making the most of the Shire and I have heard he has made quite the impression on the ladies though my Mother is rather intrigued by my choice. He returns to Bohemia and to my loving arms next month, where I hope we can broach the subject of the Northern counties. I completely understand that he has his own responsibilities in Bohemia and who am I to tear him away from his family and friends, but the idea of having another heartbreak due to long distance is more than I can bear.

I realise I haven't written about the Duke of Albany in terms of love. It seemed too contrite personally, and now I can't imagine my life without him. I would travel any distance to be by his side (disguising my intentions of course). We are both fiercely independent but I am content in knowing our feelings for each other are on a par. No distance can break us.

For now I have to learn all about the royalty who are to take me in over the Autumn months. I want to brush up on my skills and knowledge, s'truth I have not yet even met those to be in my charge!

Adieu


D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment