Thursday, January 30, 2014

We have been most fortunate that the snow has subsided somewhat. The hills are still a shade of white that glistens like diamonds under the soft gaze of the sun. Though the weekend was probably the coldest temperatures I've ever experienced, the last few days have been most mild in comparison.

However, the cold has made me long for the Shire; I can imagine that the whispers of Spring are in the air over my countryside, unlike the grips of winter that Bohemia has launched itself into with a vengeance.


The Duke of Albany has kept me up to date with the occurrences in my home town, and indeed further North as he makes enquiries for the future... I miss him. I feel as if I have lost a part of me, and there is nothing that I want to do without telling him about it, and of course that is slightly difficult with the distance between us. 

So of course I'm going to visit again. This time it shall be purely for pleasure rather than the business of the Lady-in-Waiting and I cannot wait to feel the touch of the Duke's fingertips tracing over my skin. The very thought sends shivers down my spine. 

The artist has kept her distance, as would be expected, but I am desperate to see the painting of me as Aphrodite again. I would have thought that the image would be imprinted on my mind, but it seems I need reminding. However, I dare not intrude on the Duke's hospitality and venture to his home, unannounced without his knowledge, and especially while he currently resides back on my home shores. So I know I shall have to wait until his return.

I have found some refuge in the arms of the Sapphic lover from months ago. It seems she sought me out, having received a letter from the Duke requesting her to attend to my more physical needs. How very thoughtful of him...

[sig.jpg]

D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment