Wednesday, July 02, 2014

How to explain where I am without giving too much away... There are certain rules and regulations that I now have to follow in order to prepare myself for my role of Lady in Waiting to royalty as of September, and I am trying to gain as much experience as possible before the summer months dwindle away in the blink of an eye.

Again I am working with children, it is what I love most in this world because it gives me a satisfaction that is impossible to find elsewhere. Even writing doesn't bring me the joy and happiness as a laughing child. As I learn from the governess (for she has much more knowledge than I ever shall) I notice that I too have changed and am more reliable than in previous years. It's not often one can actually see self-improvement, but here, in this place, I can. And I am relishing the fact.

I have the Duke of Albany with me and though we are together in the same place, we are unable to while away the hours in each other's arms as we'd like. There is too much to do. The preparation for the next years of our lives have consumed us, and only in the dark of night are we able to steal a few kisses before passing out from exhaustion.

But I wouldn't change anything for the world.

Brighthelmstone was visited today and I stared out at the sea and all the world has to offer. I still felt that same longing for travelling new places that I always feel. I doubt that tug of my heart strings will ever cease, but it was far easier to quell the longing as I turned to face my lover and heard the gasps of the children as they saw the ocean for the first time.

The amazement of children will always be one of my favourite memories.

But now the summer days are long and though we are busy the Duke and I have had little time to argue. I thought our frazzled brains and befuddled minds may make us a little anxious and tense, but instead we are finding refuge in each other.

I've never felt so content.



D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment